Available Paintings

Monday, September 15, 2008

Back from my workshop


Hi there, I took a workshop this weekend with an artist named Roger Hueck from Cincinnati. He started out with a presentation talking about what makes good art and showing us paintings and ways to improve them. I had heard most of the things he mentioned but it never hurts to hear them again. We spent the rest of that day and all day Sunday painting with him going from person to person offering help as needed. I took the workshop with a dear friend and enjoying spending time with her. This painting I did on Sunday and really took my time, I used my little transparent red window and looked through it constantly to check values. I think values are everything. Anyway I like my result, I have another one I'm still working on . We have quite the mess here today, the hurricane that came from Texas got here and was pushed into us by the one from the Pacific coast. We had 80 mile hr. winds and trees down all over, two of my neighbors cars have trees on them, we were lucky. Hope things are well with all of you.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the result too. A house someone lives in.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you onpainting, it does look well lived in and probably loved.

Karen Hargett said...

I really like this house Barb - probably one of my favorites.

Sorry to hear of the hurricane causing so much damage up your way. I just got a little wind - no rain and I could have used a bit but instead I'll just thank God for small favors.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Karen, I'm not complaining either, at least we have electricity. There is nothing to do when your electric is off, lol. You realize how much you depend on it when it's gone, a lot of people around here still don't have it.

Dar Presto said...

It's really nice, Barb!
We had those crazy winds in Pittsburgh too. Glad you're safe.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi dar, Thank you, I appreciate your comment. The winds from here probably did head right your way. Hope things are ok there too.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Losing our electricity is really hardship. Everything depends on havin g it.
I like your painting.

laine lea said...

barbara - what is the 'red transparnet' window???

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Mary, appreciate that. We sure do depend on electricity, you realize you can't do anything without it.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Laine, The transparent window I talked about is part of my Picture Perfect view finder. It has windows that are clear with composition guidelines and the red windows are for values. Maybe I'll photograph it and put it on my blog so you can understand it better. I ordered it from Picture Perfect Products at 541-779-0723. Useful for plein air, narrowing down your view.

laine lea said...

Thanks Barbara for the tip on 'beige' - I try it. I have used unbleached t'white in acrylic and like its warmth and lack of harshness and in oil I prefer Permallba (smooth and not so thick but still a cool color). I just may get this window - thanks for the phone number.

Barbara Pask said...

Happy to help laine.

John Long said...

thanks for your perceptive words. Your old white farm house reminds me strongly of my grandparents home where I spent the most joyous days of my life but that house is gone..your painting takes me back...

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you John, Always nice when your painting makes someone recall a memory.

Debra J.Sepos said...

Hi Barb,
Very nice, love the lighting!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you very much Debra, wonderful when people appreciate what we do.

Linda McCoy said...

Hi Barbara,
Very nice light on this painting!
Linda McCoy