Available Paintings

Monday, February 22, 2010

Susan Carlin's workshop


Hello, This past Saturday I did an online workshop with Susan Carlin. It was a fantastic day and well worth the money spent. We started out the day at 10am my time and ended at around 7:30 that evening. A long day but so rewarding. I have taken many workshops, some online and some in person. I have found the online workshops to be much more satisfying and this one was no exception. We painted this still life and I am happy to say that is my painting in the background of the sunflowers, Susan purchased it from me a while back. I have one of my paintings in my painting, lol. So here is my finished painting, oil on a 11 X 14 Raymar panel. The tea cup should be your focal point but it was so fun painting that Mason jar. Check out Susan's work, there is a link to her blog here in the side bar. She will be doing more workshops in the future and I highly recommend them. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara, your painting is lovely and what a nice idea to include your other painting. I so hate I missed the workshop. You should check out my blog as I have some photos from the benefit workshop I did Saturday. There was a wonderful show going on.

Dar Presto said...

Excellent work! Really well done. I love that Susan included your sunflowers.
I wasn't available, otherwise I would have joined you.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Sandra, I wish you could have been there but you had something very important in your life. I'll be over to check out the event.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Dar, I was so flattered she wanted to use my painting in the background. Maybe you can do the next one, I will have a hard time resisting it too.

Marie Theron said...

A painting within a painting! Very nice Barbara. It also helps to lead the eye to different levels!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Marie, maybe something as artists we should do more of, hmmm.

Rosemary said...

Oh My Goodness! What a great job you did with this! I think it's sensational that your painting is part of the set up! The arrangement is lovely! I couldn't do this workshop but it sounds like Susan put her heart and soul into it! You painted until 7:30!! Now that's a dedicated instructor! (and students!) I do plan to take her portrait workshop! Can't wait!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Rosemary. So glad you like it, I do like having my painting in the painting. I will probably do her portrait workshop too, glad you are thinking about it also.