Available Paintings

Friday, May 13, 2011

Teapot & Daisies



Hi, I painted this a few weeks ago from a set up using a old brass teapot a few daisies and a blue and white dish. I always love a touch of blue and white in a painting. This is oil on a 8 x 10 stretched canvas.

I am heading off this evening for the Evendale Fine Arts show. I have one painting in this juried show, no prizes but they jury to decide who gets in.

I still haven't been outside to paint, we have had a very wet and cool spring but I am not complaining as I still have my home unlike a lot of people down south.

SOLD

Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Like this one alot, Barbara....really nice.

Unknown said...

This is a sweet still life Barb. I like your blue and white little pot. And... I'm still looking... and really I'm liking the handle on your kettle! You captured that in the minimal amount of strokes (it seems) and it gives the impression of exactly what it is. Well done.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Carol and thanks for your visit and taking the time to comment. I love reading them.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Laura! Glad you like it, I have painted this pot so many times and it is always interesting to look back at my older attempts. I am a teapot addict, lol.

Dean H. said...

Beautiful job, Barbara! I like the petal reflections in the copper pot!!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much Dean, it was fun to paint.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Tim. Nice of you to visit, stop by again.