Available Paintings

Thursday, June 16, 2011

New thrift store finds- still life



Hello there, I just love finding new treasures to paint, I recently purchased this vase and the little bowl at a local thrift store. I get so excited when I come home with a new prop. My husband and I went antiquing this week and I bought two old copper containers, you know you will be seeing those soon.

I tried a different technique for this one, can you guess how I painted it? I am willing to try almost anything, such fun to try something you haven't done before. Did you guess? I put on a glove and painted it with my finger, ha. I am amazed how much I like it, it's loose and juicy and the values really excite me. I found a gal painting on Ustream and she finger paints, I thought why would anyone not use a brush?? I looked at her website and her work is good and she gets big prices for her work, so there you go. We should be open to anything I guess. I will be trying this again, maybe that's my niche? hmmm Let me know if you like it, I know it isn't perfect but hey it's my first, lol

Have a wonderful weekend

5 comments:

D Casey said...

Okay Barb, I can see it's time for me to embrace my inner child. ;)

Very nice work.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi D, You do need to try this, I just finished another one and I am having so much fun with it. I think the skill comes from your brain and hand no matter what the tool.

Dean H. said...

I think you found a magnificent niche, Barbara!
Great colors...values...and LOVE the loose edges!

Dean H. said...

Hey, Barbara,

Could you tell me who the finger painting lady is ?...her website?
I'm curious.

If, for some reason, you don't want to give it here, you could email me.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much Dean, so happy you like it. You sure can't get tight painting with your finger, I'm enjoying it.