Available Paintings

Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Christmas Card



Hi there, I hope you are enjoying the holiday season, I can't believe Christmas is so close. The last 4 years I have painted the image for my Christmas cards, sometimes I order them printed on cards and other times I print photos of the painting and buy the type of card where you insert them. This is the image I painted for this years card, I painted it from a set up on a 8 x 10 canvas. My husband really wanted me to paint a duck decoy, I added the ornaments to hopefully make it feel like a Christmas card. I had shot gun shells in the set up too but wasn't feeling them, lol.

Please check out a few of my paintings on Ebay~ Free shipping~ Buy someone you love original art for Christmas


See you soon :)

10 comments:

Debra Bryant said...

Nice concept Barb. I know your husband loves it, as he should! Your friends and family will enjoy this one too.

Lisa Viger said...

Pretty! I haven't even started on mine! I had an ink drawing in my head that I wanted to do, but haven't yet! ... I like the ornaments in your painting ... though I'm thinking the design decision to leave out the shells was a wise one :)

Marie Theron said...

A super card with a masculine feel to it!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you very much Debra. It's fun to design your own card as you know so well.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Lisa, Thanks so much. You better get going, Christmas is right around the corner. The shells were red and green, that much worked, lol.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Marie, I guess masculine was what I was going for this year. It's fun to try new things.

hmuxo said...

This will make a beautiful Christmas card..colorful and festive!!!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you very much Hilda, so happy you like it.

Connie Chadwell said...

Your friends and family will love this card - it's charming and festive - beautiful job, Barbara. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Connie! Thank you, I really enjoy painting my own card. Merry Christmas to you!