Available Paintings

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Painting in a Painting....




Hello there, This is oil on a 12 x 12 canvas and will be framed in a black 3" frame. I plan to submit this to a juried show but I just keep busy painting and that may change. I painted this from a set up and if you look closely you can see that I painted the scene inside the little frame and so on and so on. I had fun with it and I hope they like the concept.

Great news, out of 117 submissions to the Red show they accepted only 55 but they took both of mine, the opening will be this Saturday night and I'll take some photos. I am very excited and honored to be accepted.

Please check out some of my paintings on Ebay

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

Woo Hoo Barb! Congrats re getting into the Red Show!! Good luck with that! Love the concept and composition for "A painting in a Painting". Great little piece! It's a winner!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Rosemary, I'm pretty excited about the Red opening. I'm glad you approve of this piece, right now I am planning on entering it the Cincinnati Womens art club show. You are a sweet supportive friend, thank you.

hmuxo said...

Congratulations, Barbara!!! I can certainly see why!! I love this still life and I noticed the picture right away. Love that vase!!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Hilda! This isn't one of the paintings in Red, I'll get some photos at the opening. One I did post recently, the little girl with the red umbrella. The other is a bedroom with red heels and a red dress on the bed, called "Date Night".

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I like your mixture of warm browns Barbara. Very rich color.

Barbara Pask said...

I am so glad you like it Bill, thanks!