Available Paintings

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dressed for the Party

Hi there, I ordered some new acrylic paints recommended by Roger Bansemer. They are called Tri-Art and he felt they were the closest thing to oils he had found in acrylics. I used them a bit today and I think I like them, I will continue to use them and let you know how it goes. For years I only used oils and just could not understand why anyone would use acrylics. Boy have I changed my mind about them over the last several months. I use a sponge in my palette box along with palette paper that you soak so I can mix colors and they stay wet for me. Using them on my canvas is all about technique and I use them pretty much like oils starting with my darks etc. You can layer and layer with them very quickly and you can go back in and add soft edges. I don't expect to change your mind if you love oils and I do still love oils but for now I am on this acrylic journey so to speak. This painting is acrylic on a 8 x 10 canvas, the original reference came from Paint my Photo but I only used it for inspiration changing most everything about it. This makes me think of a little girl dressed up and Mom says, "don't get dirty" and she sits looking patiently out the window waiting to go. I like the simplicity of it, hope you do too. Please check out my paintings on Ebay

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

I love this painting, Barbara!!!!
She reminds me of my granddaughter, Skye!!! Beautiful piece!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Hilda, that is nice that it reminds you of your granddaughter. I like painting people from the back as they can resemble many different people.

Dean H. said...

This one is a real beauty, Barbara!!
I'm with you on the acrylic/ oil thing. I really like using both...one or the other as the situation may suggest.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks so much Dean, I really like this one too.