Available Paintings

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pink Lilies

Hello there! I painted this recently from a set up. It is always a fun challenge to paint white. I used the Golden Opens, these are acrylic paints that dry much slower.  I like to change things up. They seem a little stickier than say oils but you can blend them better than regular acrylics. If you squirt out a puddle of the Golden Opens and let them sit out they would stay wet a couple of days. This is painted on a 8" x 10" canvas. 

Thanks for visiting me!

8 comments:

hmuxo said...

Very nice painting, Barbara. I love the pink lilies..and all the colors in the silver container.

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Une peinture tout en douceur avec ces jolis tons mauves. Demoiselle Printemps doit en être honorée...
Un merveilleux travail.
Gros bisous et joyeuses fêtes.

Dean H. said...

Very nice, Barbara! Looks very much like an oil painting!
I like acrylics also.

suzanneberry said...

Wonderful! i love the palette! and thank you for the info on the acrylics!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks sweet Hilda!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks so much Martine!

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Dean, thank you. I love hearing that my acrylics look like oils, a big complement.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Suz, thanks! So great to see you.