Available Paintings

Monday, July 13, 2015

Quick Draw

Hi! Every month on second Saturday in a sweet town near me they have a street fair.  The town is Waynesville Ohio and they have art contest during the street fair.  This month was a quick draw, we had three hours to paint or draw.  I chose to paint and completed mine in plenty of time. I worked with my water miscible oils on a 8" x 10" canvas.  I always frame them even though they are wet as I think they show better.  Great news is I won People's Choice and First Place.  Such a great day, I left the painting in a local gallery for the month.  Next month is plein air and we have most of the day to paint, I'll be there.  Here's my painting, a cute shop that just happened to have this bicycle in front with buckets of flowers attached, 
E SOLD

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

LOVE this painting Barbara! My eyes are taking me all over the canvas with all the wonderful details...I love the bike with the red flowers....nice work!!!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much, I loved all the detail in the little shop. I just kept going, such fun.

Jo Castillo said...

That is a great painting and scene. Congratulations!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks so much Jo, great of you to come by. Hugs.