Available Paintings

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Melon & Silver, Oil 8 X 10



Hi Everyone, We had some friends visit this weekend and we went to the art museum in Cincinnati yesterday. Love it there, it's very humbling to stand in front of the paintings of all of those famous artists. You know what I mean if you paint. I know a lot of those artists struggled to just get by, imagine if they could see their art now hanging in museums. They had a Rembrandt exhibit, three of his paintings. They were behind glass which disappointed me, I wanted to get my face right up against his paintings and see his brush strokes. I wanted to thank everyone for their very nice comments about my last posting. Makes me think I should do more landscapes and I will. Today I'm posting a still life with that melon again, it died a happy death. This is a silver teapot, challenging. Hope you enjoy. Barb

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

this is a beauty. Glad the melon died happy.