Available Paintings

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Girl on the beach



Hi there, Susan Carlin painted live on Ustream last Sunday as she does most Sundays. Anyway she painted this same thing of course in her own style which is fantastic. The reference came from Wetcanvas and several of us decided to paint our version of it too. I think she'll be posting all of the different artist's painting of this same image on her blog this weekend. This is in oil on a 6 X 6 masonite panel. I wanted the image to be loose and impressionistic. The photo we painted from was pretty dark and hard to see details in the shadow. I always find it interesting to see how different artist's handle the same reference photo. This is available for purchase if you are interested let me know. Thanks so much

2 comments:

Karen Hargett said...

Hi Barb - I was wondering if you were going to post this. I like it. It is fun to see how everyone does things differently.

Barbara Pask said...

Very different from yours, wouldn't it be boring if we all did it just alike? I wanted it loose with lots of brushstrokes.