Available Paintings

Friday, March 27, 2009

Portrait


Hi there,  I painted this little gal on a 11 X 14 Raymar panel in oil.  I have started a new painting of her making lots of changes.  I think this came out well,  soft edges and a pretty good likeness.  However I think I need more darks in the painting,  my tendency is to paint portraits without enough darks.  I seem to do better with landscapes but struggle with people.  I have only been painting portraits about six months or so and probably would have been thrilled to paint this a few months back but now I want more.  I guess that is the way it should be,  we should always be growing as artists.  So back to the easel and I'll keep you posted. :) 

4 comments:

Dean H. said...

I agree, Barb...love those soft lines...so fitting for the subject.
I also agree that darks (and possibly a few lights) might give it more zip.
But then, you don't have to do another thing to it...it's a winner.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I like this cat, Barbara. Nice painting!

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Dean, Thank you for your kind words, I am going to leave this one alone but start a new one and try again.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Bill, Maybe I should give up people and landscapes and paint animals. Nah, lol