Available Paintings

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sally's Pond


Hello there, When I went off painting with my group a couple of weeks ago I took this photo of Sally's pond while staying at her place. She never thought it would be pretty to paint but when I showed her the photos I had taken she liked them. The pond is quite a walk from her house but I wanted to see it. I took two reference photos, I made sure I had some sky reflection in the pond for that wonderful blue color. I used a palette knife on the foreground to create some texture. This is oil on a 8 x 10 stretched canvas. I think it came out quite nice, I will have to show it to her soon and see what she thinks.

Finished my house commission in two days, whew. Had to finish it so it had time to dry, they needed it in a week or so. Fingers crossed hoping they like it. See you soon.



SOLD

14 comments:

Linda Popple said...

This is lovely, Pam! Glad you got the sky in the photo. It makes a beautiful reflection.

Debra Bryant said...

Barb, This is gorgeous! The beautiful spring greens really work! That far tree line is awesome! She has got to have this. :)

Dar Presto said...

Excellent, Barb. :)

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Linda, Thanks so much. I'm Barb not Pam, lol. With such nice compliments you can call me whatever you want, lol.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks sweet Debra, The greens do glow this time of the year. Happy you like it.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi there Dar , Thank you very much. :)

Carol Blackburn said...

Looks wonderfully serene, Barbara.

M. M. Harman said...

Barb, this is really something special, very dreamy...like you woke up Monet today!! I love it!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Carol, nice of you to visit. :)

Barbara Pask said...

Wow Marilyn, What a wonderful compliment, I love it. So happy you like it so much.

Art with Liz said...

This is stunning Barbara! There's such a feeling of peace and warmth - lovely.

Barbara Pask said...

That is wonderful to read Liz, thank you.

Dean H. said...

Your artwork is advancing by leaps and bounds, Barb! Love the texture in this and the peonies! Hang in there with using the palette knife in spots!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much for that Dean, so love hearing that. I am having fun with that palette knife. I know how you love texture in your work, fun isn't it?