Available Paintings

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Country Pond


Hello there, I painted this same image a while back a bit smaller, this is 11X 14 on a stretched canvas. The smaller one hung in the Cincinnati art museum for a month or so. I loved the image so much I thought I would try it again. I used a palette knife for some of the foreground work to create some nice texture.

Starting to feel like fall here, nice having it cool off a bit but we sure need rain. Our group is meeting outside Friday morning to paint, our days are numbered before the cold weather arrives.

6 comments:

Lokelani Forrest said...

Very nice Barbara. It conveys a sense of tranquility.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you very much Lokelani

Carol said...

It is beautifully tranquil Barbara. What have you called it?

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Looked at this painting and it helped me relax. A great sense of place and peace.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Carol. thank you. I took the photo at a friends home out in the country so I titled it "Country Pond".

Barbara Pask said...

That is so nice to read Bill, so great to paint something that gets that reaction.