Available Paintings

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Secret Artworks




Hi, Last year was the first time I participated in a Cincinnati event called Secret Artworks. Every year they have a fundraiser where artists donate 5 X 7 paintings. People pay $125 , for their donation they get to come to a cocktail party and choose one of the small works of art. The money raised goes to support local artists and students and they do wonderful art projects around Cincinnati like painting murals. You don't sign the front, only after they choose do they get to know who the artist is. I donated 2 paintings this year. As a donating artist I get to go to the event for free, it is so fun to see people running into the room trying to find their favorite painting that they may have viewed on the online preview. It was so great when I found mine last year and someone had already chosen it. Once the original painting is gone a paper underneath it shows a photo of the painting and the artist who painted it. So here are my two painting for this years event, shhhhhhh The photo shown here is from 2008, just wanted to give you an idea of how they displayed the art. There are normally a thousand or so pieces of art entered.


Just a follow up. I attended the event and they had a packed house. By the time I located my 2 paintings they were gone. Once they remove the painting there is a photo of your work with your name exposed. So great to have your work chosen early in the evening, knowing that someone wants to live with your art is such a compliment.

4 comments:

claire christinel said...

I love the sound of this event! It sounds like such a fun night! Great paintings, I'm sure the recipients will be really pleased.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Claire. It is such a fun night, us artists sit back and eat until the rush for the paintings calm down, lol.

Crystal Cook said...

That sounds like so much fun! And I really like both of your paintings too. :)

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Crystal, I guess I'm lucky to live in an area where we have a pretty active art community.