Available Paintings

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Poppies & Apples



Hello, I painted this one yesterday with my group Mason Area Painters. I took a box full of set ups and people picked from that what they wanted to paint. I chose this, I loved the red through out and I always enjoy painting this sweet little green Ball jar. This is oil on a 8 x 10 stretched canvas. I just love hanging out with a group of people that share my passion.

I have been very busy painting but can't post most of it. I painted 3 small paintings for an event called "Secret Artworks", maybe when it gets closer I'll post those. Also I am working on 2 paintings for a "Holiday card" competition, this is the 3rd year Representative Beck has chosen an image for his Holiday card. Last year I took second place and my painting sold while it was hanging in the gallery.

This Friday night is "First Friday" at our studio in the Middletown Pendleton Art Center and you are probably sick of hearing about it but I am the Featured Artist this month, lol. I hung all of my art the other day and now I am putting together serving dishes and thinking about food. I'm really excited if you can't tell. Stop by if you live in the area, we are open 5-9 on Friday and 11-2 on Saturday.

Please enter your email in my Google Group box to receive my posts.

I love that all of you visit and please take time to comment. <3

16 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

An excellent painting. The apples remind me of Autumn for some reason or maybe it is just that I'm chilly.

Crystal Cook said...

Sounds like you have been busy Barbara! I love both of these paintings, that green jar is so beautiful, and the apples have just the perfect amount of shine. :))

Barbara Pask said...

Well hi there Bill, so great to have you back and commenting. I hope things are good in you life.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks so much Crystal! Both photos are the same painting, I cropped a closer photo so you could see detail. Maybe it's confusing.

Carol Blackburn said...

Wonderful composition, Barbara....it feels so cozy.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you very much Carol, I was in the mood to paint red and green, glad you like it.

Dean H. said...

Love this painting...very well done!

Good luck at the art center and congratulations on being featured artist of the month, Barb!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Dean! You are always so sweet and supportive.

Diane Hoeptner said...

The reds here struck me right away, very lovely! Never get sick of your good news, good luck First Friday!

Debra Bryant said...

Lovely painting Barb.....I just love red! You have great color in the jar, which balances very well. Getting nervous yet? LOL

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Diane, I love red in paintings and you always do it so well. I'll report back after the weekend and let everyone know how it went, fingers crossed.

Barbara Pask said...

Hello Miss Debra! Red and green always works for me too. This blue green jar is becoming a favorite of mine. I think I am ready for Friday, hoping for a good crowd with money to spend, lol.

Unknown said...

Love this painting! The apples are my favorite!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Nina! You know me and still lifes, you need to paint another one. hint, hint, hehe

mary maxam said...

Wonderful color here, and your displays show dedication and constant work! Congrats on a super show.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Mary, good to see you.