Available Paintings

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Flowers


Hello, I have painted this jar several times and I think I am getting pretty good at it however these are not the flowers I started with. I had a cluster of other spring flowers and wiped it off and changed them out for these Daffodils. I think sometimes a simpler composition can be more pleasing.

Anyway I like it now, I used a palette knife for a lot of it. This is oil on a 8 x 10 canvas. Sorry there is a bit of glare. I hope you enjoy viewing it.

Check out some of my paintings on Ebay

Please add your name to my Google Group box to receive my posts.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

hmuxo said...

Wow!! this is beautiful, Barbara!! Love the color!!!

Linda Popple said...

I like the texture of the daffodils and the yellows are beautiful.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Hilda, I am so happy you like it.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Linda! I think a palette knife creates some nice texture especially for flowers.

Unknown said...

Looking good Barbara! I love the amount of paint that you have applied to the flowers. Nice job.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Tim. You are so sweet to visit and comment, much appreciated.

Helen Read said...

Love the sparkle you were able to put on the glass! Striking piece!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Helen, so nice to read.