Available Paintings

Friday, August 30, 2013

I've gone Western

Hi there, Well this is sure different for me isn't it? I went to Pop Revolution and they had a still life set up of western items. I loved the leather bag and tried several things next to it that evening and I wasn't happy with any of them. I brought the painting home with only the leather bag painted and decid
ed the cowboy hat and gun worked well in the painting. I love the warm look of leather. I have a friend that has a saddle and has offered that to me to paint and at some point I my give that a go. This is acrylic on a 8 x 10 Raymar panel. I am ready for Fall and ready for some cooler weather, the trouble with Fall is that winter is right behind it though. Have a great day and stay cool

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

ONE OF MY FAVORITES, Barbara!!! The leather bag looks SO realistic...as well as the gun and hat!!! Wonderful subject!!!
I love this one!!!

Barbara Pask said...

Hey Hilda, Thanks! Very very different for me and I really enjoyed it. I'll be looking for more leather things to paint. Love your comment. Hugs

Meredith Adler said...

Hi Barbara, I see you are quite good with painting wood! (well, and metal and cloth, I should add) Thanks for visiting my blog, it was great to "see you" again! I'm not sure how I missed so many of your blog posts?? Anyhow, I was wondering if you are doing the 30 in 30 Challenge!

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Meredith, Great to see you too and thank you for your kind words. I am not doing the 30 in 30, September is kind of a crazy month for me but maybe next time. I really look forward to seeing everyones paintings, I hope you are doing it.