Available Paintings

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Country Living




Hi, This is another painting that I toned the canvas with burnt sienna and allowed a lot of it to show through. I took this photo while traveling some of the rural roads in this area. My husband is normally driving and I yell things at him like "STOP" or "SLOW DOWN" or "BACK UP A BIT". He is so easy going, some of the things you have to put up with when you live with an artist, lol. This is oil on a 8 X 10 stretched canvas. See you soon

Oh by the way, I did get one piece into that juried show I mentioned on my last post, woo hoo.

8 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Aaah, my favourite Barbara Pask subject - beautiful country houses! By the way, love your rendition of Manet's portrait of Berthe Morisot - I think she was his sister-in-law.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Liz, I love the way these country houses make me feel, like home. Glad you like the Manet too and thanks for the history, didn't realize it was his sister in law. People dressed so great back then, we are kind of boring now, lol.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I like the Manet as well and I'm a big fan of under painting.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi there Mary, I hung the Manet on my wall, I may just keep it, lol. Nice of you to stop by. :)

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Very nice of your husband. He probably likes looking for paintings too. Just pretends to be sacrificing for you.

This one came out very well. Aren't those country roads a wonderful place to roam?

Barbara Pask said...

I think you are right, he likes driving around looking for these old houses. Driving country roads on a sunny day is my idea of a good time too.

billspaintingmn said...

"Contry Living" has a lot of charm.
I spent a summer on a farm that
looked like this.
Cruzin' contry roads can be very rewarding.

Barbara Pask said...

I'm glad it brings back special memories for you Bill. We are meeting some friends today a couple hours away and you know I am bringing my camera. :)