Available Paintings

Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'm outta here



Hello there, I started this painting months ago and worked on it again this week. The concept behind this is the same little fellow sitting still, starting to move and then leaving the scene. I hope it reads that way. I think if you want to suggest movement you either blur the subject or the background and I didn't do either. Hey, he stopped for a moment and then ran off, lol. This is oil on a 11 X 14 stretched canvas. I just finished two commissions, woo hoo. One is a cat and the other is a portrait of a little boy, I'll post those soon. I hope your day is going well.

10 comments:

Debra Bryant said...

Oh Barb, He is precious, and it is a unique idea. I like the looseness of this...it has a pastel quality about it, fresh and spontaneous. Congratulations on the completion of your commissions.....nice to have them behind you instead of looming with a deadline! Great job!

Sandra said...

Barb, what a cute child and I love the concept. Can't wait to see the completed picture.
Sandra

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you very much Debra, I'm so glad you like the painting and the concept behind it. I have a pretty good camera but I always feel my paintings look better in person as I imagine most of us do. Thanks also for visiting, I know how busy you stay.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi there Sandra, Thanks so much, nice of you to visit.

Pattie Wall said...

Great concept Barbara! You carried his likeness throughout the three poses! What a cutie! Congrats on your commissions!

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Pattie, I'm glad you can tell it's the same little guy. Different poses, same face, kind of difficult. Nice to see you

Jo Castillo said...

Barbara, this is clever and well done. Love it!

Barbara Pask said...

So glad you like it Jo

Rosemary said...

This is precious! I came by and looked at it before. You did a super job with the playful concept! Love his blond hair and different expressions.

Barbara Pask said...

Rosemary, I know the photo isn't the best, not surprising, lol. I had this idea in my head and it was challenging to make it look like the same little guy in all three poses. I love that blond hair too, it was glowing in the sunshine that day.