Available Paintings

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hang on Little Buddy



Hello there, I painted this in oil on a 10" X 20" canvas. This is loosely based on a photo taken of my neighbors grandson. I followed him, should say chased him around their yard one day and took a lot of great photos of him in the sunshine. He has this great blond almost white hair. You may have seen him before in some of my paintings and you will see him again. I chose the name because I thought that comment could be coming from the boy or the bear???

It is the end of June but feels like August already, really extreme heat. I am meeting some of my group outside on Friday to paint, supposed to cool off a bit and no rain.


Have a good day

10 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Cute one Barbara. I see what you mean about the comment coming from the boy or the bear. Good one!

Lokelani Forrest said...

What a little cutie, Barbara. You did well. Bet you wore yourself out running after him. LOL!

Debra Bryant said...

What a gorgeous painting! Are they interested in buying? It sings of sunshine, Barb....great work!

Barbara Pask said...

Glad you like it Carol, you are always the first one here. Thank you very much.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Lokelani. The good thing about photographing one this age is they don't pose, they could care less that you are trying to get photos, lol.

Barbara Pask said...

Such sweet words Debra. I haven't showed it to them. I painted a portrait of him last year that they did buy. Considering entering it in the local arts festival. I like the long canvas. I laid that bright light in his hair with a palette knife, so glad you can feel the sunshine on him.

Dabblerteer said...

Enchanting! The bear's expression is terrific.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Bernard, so nice of you to visit. :)

Rosemary said...

It's wonderful! My favorite subject ('cause I have grandsons)! Love the way he's standing - ready to launch into the next run! The sunlight on his face and hair sing! Great catchy title and yes, enter it in the show! Applause!

Barbara Pask said...

Wow, thank you for your wonderful comments Rosemary.