Available Paintings

Friday, January 27, 2012

Into the Night


Hello! Well this was a fun challenge. I turned the reference photo upside down and painted it that way trying to look at shapes and colors as there was a lot going on in the photo. I turned everything around after the canvas was covered and starting making adjustments. In the photo there were taxi cabs in the street and I decided to simplify it so there was a place for the eye to rest. Anyway it's a bit looser than I normally paint but I think I like it. This is oil on a 8 x 10 Raymar panel.

Please check out some of my artwork on Ebay

Have a good day!

12 comments:

Charlotte Evans said...

I really love this painting Barb--great job---I love to paint upside down too--you lose yourself that way--I love all your colors too!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Charlotte. It is a great practice isn't it? You do lose yourself just looking at colors and shapes. Fun to change things up isn't it?

martinealison said...

Un patchwork de couleurs intéressantes et flamboyantes...
Vous avez magnifiquement bien capturé les lumières de la ville...
Belle peinture.
gros bisous

Dean H. said...

One of your very best, Barbara!

I,too, like turning the painting upside down now and then! Whether upside down or right side up, one should always paint shapes and not "things".

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Martine. That is how I tried to look at it as a "patchwork of colors". Good to see you.

Barbara Pask said...

Wow Dean, thank you so much. This style wouldn't work for everything at least I don't think so but it works well for this type of thing. I have been wanting to try something like this.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I like the dark figures in the bright light. I don't think I can stay up late enough to paint a scene like this.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Bill. I stay up late but then I don't get up too early if I can help it, lol.

WuXing painter said...

Seems it's raining!)

Mason Area Painters said...

I think so, lol. Good of you to visit.

Barbara Pask said...

Opps, that was me, Mason Area Painters, thanks WuXing

WuXing painter said...

I got it it was you:)