Available Paintings

Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Secret

Hello Friends, I haven't posted in a week or so, I have been pretty busy lately. Last Saturday night I was the featured artist at a local gallery and then Sunday was my birthday and the opening of the Woman's Art Club member show. I painted Monday and then we left camping that afternoon. Whew, life is good. These 2 little 5 x7 paintings were submitted to "Secret Artworks". Secret Artworks is part of Artworks in Cincinnati an organization that does many many things including among them is painting murals all over the city. Secret Artworks happens annually and it is by invitation only so I am pleased to be a part of it. One evening in November people purchase tickets that give them a open bar, unlimited snacks and they get to choose a little painting. I donate the paintings and do not sign them on the front so they do not know the artist until they choose their little painting. I have done this event for the last 4 or 5 years and it is really fun to watch the crowd rush in and look for a specific painting as they have them online to preview and for a week in the Westin Hotel to view. Thanks for visiting me, I was talkative today wasn't I? lol Sorry about that.

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

hmmm! What to say first!!!
Happy Birthday, Barbara and
Congratulations on being the featured artist in your local gallery!!! These two paintings are fantastic...I love the markings on
this dog..beautifully painted!!!

Barbara Pask said...

Ah thank you Hilda, I had a great week. My painting group surprised me with a party the Monday before my birthday and I celebrated all week. I,m 60! Not sure how that happened exactly,lol

suzannepaints said...

Happy Birthday. You made someone very happy, I'll bet.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Suzanne, nice of you to take time to comment.