Available Paintings

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Golden Fluid Acrylics

Hello, I have been painting seriously for quite a few years now and I have concentrated mostly on fine art although as you may remember I do paint the occasional mixed media piece. I have decided at least for now to focus on doing what I enjoy the most and right now this is it. I painted this little 5 x 7 painting with Golden Fluid Acrylics and allowed them to roll around on the canvas and intermix with each other. I then added flowers working with a palette knife so it is kind of an abstract floral painting. I have painted maybe 10 in this style so far and I am having a ball. I am sure it isn't everyones taste but I love the color and juicy look of them, I am varnishing them in gloss varnish to bring that wet look back up. I will be participating in a event soon and will get them out in the public eye and hopefully get some feedback and maybe a few sales too. I feel like this style is more contemporary and may possibly appeal to a younger crowd? Who knows, I paint because I love it so but a few sales to keep you going is really nice. What do you think? Have a great day

4 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

Your joy and flair in this one really come through. So glad to see you following your heart!

Barbara Pask said...

Oh thank you Meredith, I have been going to bed thinking about this, lol. Us crazy artists, right?

Meredith Adler said...

Yes, it can be crazy! But anything with the energy, grabbing your attention to this degree, has got to be worth your pursuing!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Meredith, enjoying it so much I plan to pursue it for a long time , maybe forever.