Available Paintings

Monday, October 6, 2014

"Look this Way"

This oil painting measures 8" x 10" , painted from a reference photo I took this summer. 

 I paint with two different groups and we critique in both. Critiques can be so helpful as we don't always see things with our little faces up against our canvases.  Anyway I took this for one of the group critiques and I had painted trees behind the cows and it just wasn't working for me.  I had brushed them out and at that point I had a dirty looking sky behind the cows.  One of the people in my group suggested I just paint in some clean sky color at the top and nothing else. I like the very subtle suggestion of trees in the background now. After all of this yapping I just wanted to say to get in on a group critique if possible or find someone who's work you respect and ask them.  They may come up with something you wouldn't consider doing on your own. 

Available on my website, link is to your right.

Thanks for your visit!


4 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

J'aime le flou de l'arrière plan de ce charmant duo de vaches... Une très joli peinture.

Gros bisous ♡

hmuxo said...

Wonderful work, Barbara!!!! Love the texture in the face!!!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Martine! So nice of you to visit.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Hilda! You're so wonderful to notice his face, I painted it with heavier paint.