Available Paintings

Monday, July 27, 2015

I love old houses

Hi! Recently we camped near Yellow Springs Ohio and I ran around town shooting photos of wonderful old houses.  The picket fence drew me to this one.  There was a sidewalk in front but I made the decision not to include it.  This is water miscible oils on a 8" x 10" canvas.  Doing pretty well with the new oils, still miss tipping my brush into solvent but I'm hanging in there.  I've noticed they dry shinier than traditional oils. 

I painted this Saturday in Loveland Ohio with the Ohio Plein Air Society, I painted this painting of Rose of Sharon, I felt like doing flowers that day.  This also is the water miscible oils and is a 8" x 10" as most of mine are. 

Good to see you!

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

Lovely old house, Barbara... and those Rose of Sharon's are amazing... perfect colors and light!!

suzanneberry said...

I love them both! I've used the water soluble oils as well. You're work with them is lovely, especially the roses.

Diane L Hoeptner said...

Beautiful painting of Yellow Springs home! Glad to hear you are enjoying the WS oils, I use the W&N Artisan brand stand oil as a thinner sometime, you might enjoy it.