Available Paintings

Monday, January 8, 2018

Up to Bat

Hi Friends,  my grandson loves to play baseball and he’s good at it, pitching is his first love.  This past summer I shot some photos through the fence of him pitching and hitting and I just loved this one. I liked all the elements of the photo, the catchers position, the ump with his hands up and of course Michael’s stance. This is oil on a 11”x 14”canvas and I tried to work fast and loose, hoping to show movement. I enjoyed painting it, hope you enjoy seeing it.  Thank you!

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Barbara, this is super! You caught the action, mood and included background. We love college baseball and this is the beginning!

Barbara Pask said...

Oh thank you so much Jo! I do remember that you liked baseball. I will probably try more of these, it was fun.

neetzy said...

This painting is fantastic! I love how you captured the light and shadows on the players and the umpire!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you, I really enjoyed painting this one, different for me.