Available Paintings

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Portrait 8 X 10





I keep trying to improve my portrait painting skills.  I am trying to put my darks in there and leave them alone,  hard to do sometimes.  I think about things like reflected light.  I know you can't tell from the photo but a bit of the green reflecting from his shirt is on his cheek.  I don't know this gentleman , the photo was taken from a calendar.  I painted him for practice because I liked the light and shadows on his face.  I really love creating a face.  Do you think I am improving? I'm going to keep at it because you know I just have to, lol.  Have a good day!

2 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

You are improving, Barbara. I think it would help the mouth form if you slightly darkened his teeth on the right side to make them appear to be wrapping back into the mouth.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Bill, I appreciate your input. You are right about that, soooo many things to get right.