Available Paintings

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Christmas card contest


Hi there, I painted this for a competition, a local representative will be choosing a painting to be his Christmas card for this year. It has to be something from Warren Co. Ohio and a winter scene. I painted this very old church here in town and if they don't choose it I will use it for my card. There is a first, second and third place prize and if they choose yours you lose all rights to reproduce it. This church has a lot of history for my family, I grew up attending there, was married there and my father's funeral was there. This is oil on a 8 x 10 stretched canvas. Saturday night is the opening at the gallery here in town, I have one piece in the show. I'm excited just to have a piece hanging there. The show will hang until January.

10 comments:

Lois Andersen said...

This is lovely Barb! Wonderful story. I hope it is chosen!

Dar Presto said...

This is definitely a winner. I don't like the sound of signing over repro rights, unless you are paid well for it. Of course, the potential exposure is valuable too.
It's really a lovely, evocative piece, with a nice compositional balance. I'm so impressed with your shadows and reflected light. It reads perfectly. Ya know, I wouldn't mind getting this in the mail ;)

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you very much Lois, I would love it if they chose it too.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Dar, The first prize money is pretty good and he is sending out like 500 cards so I think it is worth giving up the rights to it. I'm so glad you like the painting, I really like painting white buildings with strong shadows.

Art with Liz said...

This certainly deserves first choice Barbara. Lovely.

Barbara Pask said...

I sure hope you are right Liz, thank you.

billspaintingmn said...

This painting is inviting to the viewer.
The color and carefulness of the
brush strokes is a prayer in itself.
I would enjoy receiveing this Christmas card, and like most folks,we put them up thruogh out the holiday season!
(I hope you win Barb!)

Barbara Pask said...

Wow Bill, Thank you very much for such sweet comments, very touching and appreciated.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

So, Barabara, when you attend services do you draw like I would?

Hope you don't get to use it for your Christmas cards because it is selected #1. "And He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own..."

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Bill, Yes I agree, hoping I don't get to use it :) Love that song, now I am singing it.