Available Paintings

Friday, October 15, 2010

Mason, Ohio- studio painting


Hi there, I painted this in my studio from a photo I had taken while out painting in town. I painted the sun lit house on site and when I looked through my photos I liked this one where I had backed up and had the porch of the house next door in it so I painted it again here at home. This is oil on a 11 X 14 stretched canvas.

Several people from my Monday morning group met out to paint in town again this morning, it was a bit chilly and very windy at times. Me easel blew over when the wind caught my umbrella, plein air painting comes with it's challenges. We probably only have maybe 2 more weeks or so where we will want to get out. The show with our plein air paintings opens on December the 11th, can't wait to see all of our hard work hanging.

I painted two paintings for that holiday card contest I did last year, that show opens in November, crossing my fingers and hoping to get chosen for a prize.

8 comments:

Marie Theron said...

This painting is so very peaceful, Barbara..I would just love to walk down your path under the trees!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Marie and thank you for taking time to comment.

Dean H. said...

Great depth in this one, Barb! Very nice contrast between the lit side of the house and the shadows. The foreground porch helps to push everything back...very good job!

Best of luck on your card design.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Dean, You say the sweetest things, lol. I appreciate your visits and comments so much. Glad you like it.

Rosemary said...

I like the way your shadows dance across the lawn and over the house. Very nice, Barb! I would enjoy a walk down this inviting sidewalk!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks so much Rosemary!

Diane Hoeptner said...

Lovely dappled light and the sidewalk adds a sense of direction & stability, nicely done.

Barbara Pask said...

I really appreciate your positive comments Diane :)