Available Paintings

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Teapot & Apples


Hello there, Yesterday I participated in the Northminster Fine Arts Fair here in Cincinnati. A well run event and the weather held off so we had a good attendance. The event is in two different rooms and in the basement, good food and live music all day. I always say I just want the opportunity to sell and I had that. I sold 3 small paintings, though there was a lot of people there I didn't see a lot of buying going on. I know that is a reflection of the times we are in, things are tough for most. So over all I'm pleased, I enjoyed the day and painted during the event.

This still life was painted last week with a set up, another one of my collection of teapots. I painted it on Monday morning while painting with my group and put it inside a box to block all of the other light sources and hit it with a small light. I have painted this teapot several times through out the years, it is fun to look back at some of those paintings and see my progress. The first time I did it the pot was flat and too hard edged. This is oil on a 8 x 10 stretched canvas. Have a great week!

4 comments:

Marie Theron said...

How nice and dark, Barbara! Just like a 17th century still life!

Carol Blackburn said...

Very nicely done, Barbara. Congratulations of your sales, too.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Marie, Thank you! I have always preferred dark and moody paintings so I'm going for that look mostly.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Carol, nice to sell a few things to buy more supplies, :)