Available Paintings

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Pair of Pears

Hello, Monday after my workshop with Patti Mollica I did this little painting. I really took my time and did my value sketch first. Patti believes that a painting has to be a strong image in 3 values and I agree with her. Her background is illustration so of course her images had to read well in black and white. I know when I photograph my paintings and download them it helps so much to view them on my computer, like looking at another artist's painting. I did try to do a painterly painting and I like the finished painting. This is acrylic on a 8 x 10 canvas. Heading up to a local gallery tonight to paint a costumed model, such fun. I hope you are enjoying your day.

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Barb, beautiful! Hope you would post them on my friend, Regina's, page, pearathon.com. All dedicated to pears. Fun.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Jo, great to see you. I'll be glad to post them on Regina's page, I'll check into that.

Linda Popple said...

Lovely pears!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much Linda, so nice to see you too.