Available Paintings

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Trying to be loose


Hi there, I painted this yesterday. I recently purchased a dvd of Craig Nelson doing what he calls quick studies from Creative Catalyst Productions. He does two paintings, one is a still life and the other is from a photo. He paints each of them in about an hour and keeps things pretty loose. I tried to use some of his advice when I painted this. Different for me, a lot looser than I would normally do. I think I like it, do you? Also I did purchase a new camera, yeah! Haven't received it yet, it's a Canon, it's 8 mega pixels. Now I just have to figure out how to use it, lol.

6 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

That little dash of orange in one of the stems in the vase just does it for me, for some reason.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Susan, Glad you like it, keep trying different things.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I like it. Keep up the good work Barbara.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Mary, I really appreciate that.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

There are many helpful painting videos out there. You can also look on YouTube for some good quick demos.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Diana, Yes, I've checked out a lot of painting videos on YouTube. There is tons of great info on the internet and I spend way too much time watching it,lol. Barb