Available Paintings

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Catching the Light


Hi there! I painted this a few weeks ago from a set up. I painted a similar version of this a while back smaller and that one sold. This is 14 X 18 on a stretched canvas and framed in a wood gold crackled frame from Dick Blick. I love the color and shape of sunflowers, they always appeal to me in a painting. Getting ready for a Art walk this Friday night and in a couple of weeks I have a two day show and today I received a commission to illustrate a book so I'm keeping busy and out of trouble, lol.

See you soon!


Please check out some of my artwork on Ebay

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

It's beautiful, Barbara....and on top of that you have the show and the commission to illustrate a book; wow! Is the book illustration going to be a first time for you, or have you done something similar in the past?

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Carol! A while back I illustrated a book for a friend that was having her first grandbaby. This is for a gentleman that adopted a baby, a surprise for his wife. A bit scary but exciting.

Sunny said...

Another peaceful beauty! (I LOVE sunflowers!)Glad you are doing so well with your work... awesome news! Congrats to you!!

Barbara Pask said...

I'm glad you like this Sunny, you are sweet to come by so often.