Available Paintings

Friday, May 18, 2012

One hour demo

Hi there, I was invited to demo for a local art group this week. They are studying impressionism this month and wanted me to demo in oils. Most of these gals paint pretty tight and most are watercolor artists. When I get a little nervous I paint even faster than I normally do and I paint pretty quick all the time, lol. I talked and painted and spent about an hour on this one, it is oil on a 8 x 10 Raymar panel. I may tweak it some yet but I like the freshness of it, I laid down paint and left it alone. I cut up some scrap canvas and let those that wanted to paint a quick little tulip so they could get the feel of oils. Sorry there is a bit of glare. I think this was good practice for me, helps me to grow as an artist I think. Check out some of my artwork on Ebay Have a wonderful day

4 comments:

Maria Bennett Hock said...

I love the looseness of it and the bright vibrant colors.

hmuxo said...

VERY nice Barbara...love the dark background making the flowers outstanding!! Well done.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Maria. It is especially loose as I didn't go back and tweak anything. I was demonstrating impressionism so I think it represents that. Probably shocked most of them, they are very tight painters, lol.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much Hilda, I will always like dramatic paintings, darks and lights with good lighting. I need to get a better photo of it though.