Available Paintings

Monday, March 25, 2013

New still life and good news

Hello Friends, The good news is my painting "Ginger" was accepted into the 120th annual juried Cincinnati Women's Art Club show this year. I loved painting this dog, the dog was back lit in the photo and I think that really added something to it, I love the glow on the edge of his nose. 12" x 12" acrylic. This still life painting was just completed, drying in my studio now with a coat of varnish. A fun mix of elements. I applied a patterned paper first and then painted the copper pot and vase. I added the birds last, the little bird in front is my focal point as he is the brightest and most detailed thing. I hope your eye goes from him to the bird on the vase and the bird on top. I also felt the branch of blossoms kept your eye moving around. I think a lot more about design these days as I should, this painting stuff is hard, lol. 16" x 20" acrylic. Please take a moment to check out some of my paintings on Ebay I love your comments! Thanks for coming by

5 comments:

hmuxo said...

First of all..Congratulations on Ginger being accepted into the juried show...she's beautiful!!! and of course, LOVE your still life...the copper pot and vase is beautifully painted...wonderful work as always, Barbara!!!!

Barbara Pask said...

You are always the first one to show up to comment and it means so much to me. Thank you for your kind comment. I say it is up and down in this art journey so it's nice to get a pat on the back once in a while so we know we are moving in the right direction.

martinealison said...

Toutes mes sincères félicitations pour votre oeuvre acceptée par le jury. Un accord bien mérité, vous avez merveilleusement capturé le regard de ce chien.
Cette dernière oeuvre que vous nous montrez est également remplie de délicatesse et j'aime sa composition très japonaise.
Gros bisous

Barbara Pask said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara Pask said...

Hi Martine, Thank you for you kind words on my dog, I was thrilled they accepted it. Interesting that you see my still life as Japanese, I guess I did consider that when I painted it a bit.