Available Paintings

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Plein air today

Hi, I painted outside today with The Brush
& Palette Painters. We painted at a wonderful farm in Indian Hill in Cincinnati.  There were sheep and pigs and chickens walked around us while we painted.  Painting outside comes with big challenges and most often I am not too pleased with what I paint but I'm pretty happy with this one.  This is oil on a 8" x 10" RayMar panel, I have a carrier from RayMar for wet paintings. 

Thanks for visiting

8 comments:

hmuxo said...

This farm house is beautifully painted, Barbara. The blues on the window is perfect with the red trim...VERY nice!!

hmuxo said...

This farm house is beautifully painted, Barbara. The blues on the window is perfect with the red trim...VERY nice!!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks so much Hilda. I didn't want to paint windows with nothing but darks, I wanted to show reflections. So happy you like this!

Sharon L. Graves said...

Love this Barb. I am surprised you're not usually happy with your PleinAir air work. I never am but
I keep at it when
I can. This is beautiful.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much Sharon. I enjoy painting out but it's a bonus if I come home with a nice piece. No matter what I figure it's all good practice, right? :-)

Barbara Pask said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo Castillo said...

This is very good. You have a nice sense of perspective and color. I'm smiling!

Barbara Pask said...

Oh thank you so much Jo!