Available Paintings

Thursday, November 13, 2008

More of Lady Agnew




Hi Everyone,  More work on my gal,  I painted the background and lots of other small things.  I see things that need work yet,  the arm on the chair isn't right and I may need to soften the edges of her face etc. etc.  I think I told you I bought a wonderful frame for it,  looking forward to finishing it.  Of course it will have to dry a while and then I'll put a coat of re-touch varnish on it before I frame it.  The never ending saga of Lady Agnew, lol. 

6 comments:

neetzy said...

Beautiful portrait. I can tell you really poured yourself into this one. Very sensitive!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Anita, Not finished quite yet but I have really enjoyed the process. The largest painting I've done and the most time I've put into one, interesting to do one this large, especially when you pop it into the frame. So glad you like my efforts.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

That is a nice looking blouse, Barbara. I guess they wouldn't call it a blouse back then.

Barbara Pask said...

Not sure if it's a blouse and skirt or a dress, hmmmm.

Susan Carlin said...

Wow... what a terrific project to tackle! I've never tried to paint on of the masters' paintings before, but it looks like delicious fun. Good going, Girl!

Barbara Pask said...

Hi there stranger, good to see you. Last year I went to the art museum with a group and painted, it was really fun. You should try it sometime.