Available Paintings

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Shawnee State Park


Hi Everyone, Our last camping trip for the season we went to visit Shawnee State Park, it is near Portsmouth, Ohio. In Portsmouth they have a huge flood wall that is painted with all of these different murals depicting the history of the town. Very interesting, worth a visit. I always love getting up close to artwork to see the brushstrokes and with huge murals like this it is so interesting to see how they read from a distance and then to get right up on them and view the artists work.

Anyway while we were in the campground I started this painting and finished it later with my reference photos, it is oil on a 8 x 10 Raymar panel. Let me say that I feel like a lucky woman when I am outside painting and the weather is great, I am so blessed to have painting in my life. I am blessed for so many reasons, of course my wonderful family and I am blessed to have so many friends that visit my blog and collect my art. I love blogging and I appreciate your visits and love reading your comments.

If you would like my new posts emailed to you just enter your email address in the Google Groups box.

Please check out my work on Ebay

4 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

Looks nice Barb. Merry Christmas.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Mark and Merry Christmas to you too. Good to have you as a online friend. <3

Jo Castillo said...

This is lovely, I like the reddish orange against the green. The portrait below is wonderful. They should love it!

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Jo, thank you! Loved seeing photos of your new gallery. Merry Christmas to you