Available Paintings

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Having some fun

Hi Friends, This is quite different for me and I like it. I have been playing around lately with some mixed media. I applied a patterned paper to the canvas first then applied texture with medium. I painted on my pear and then with a stencil added the raised vine pattern on the right and lastly used metallic gold paint on the edges and the raised vine. I have worked very hard for years to learn to paint in a very traditional style however I am just having a ball with this. I can do both, right? I don't want to get too crafty but I think I can add some of this and still show that I can paint. What do you think? This is painted on a 8 x 10 stretched canvas. Hope you enjoy it, there will be more to follow. lol Tomorrow I hang my art for the Indian Hill Fine Art Collectors Weekend, the show is
Friday night and Saturday, super excited to be a part of this show. Thank you so much for stopping by

2 comments:

Maria Bennett Hock said...

Love the texture! great piece!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much Maria