Available Paintings

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Peach Roses

Hi!  I took these wonderful peach roses and fresh pears to my group Monday to paint. I think five or six of us painted or sketched this set up or the second one I brought. Actually now that I think about it the others chose my other set up of roses in a ball jar.  Loved the color of the roses. I tried to think about the things I learned in my Nancy Franke workshop.  I blocked in with a paper towel, used a little spatula thingie for laying in my roses. I painted this on linen and really love using linen but of course it's more expensive to paint on. Love the texture and it is so easy to wipe back to the linen if you need to. I did wipe the light areas of the pears back and added cleaner paint toward the end. This is oil on a 8" X 10" linen panel. 

Thanks for visiting, stay warm and safe. 

6 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Barb, beautiful colors! You are right. Lovely…..

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks so much Jo, now that I've posted it I see it needs a little tweaking. You know how that is, lol

Pattie Wall said...

Nice texture and love peach roses!

Barbara Pask said...

Oh thank you so much Patti!

Diane Hoeptner said...

Beautiful! So light and airy, this one. Really like it!!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much Diane!