Available Paintings

Saturday, January 3, 2009

First painting of the new year








 My new easel arrived yesterday and of course I had to break it in.  I painted this in oil on a 8 X 10 canvas panel. Someone asked me to photograph it and I will soon,  it isn't anything fancy just a simple H studio easel.  I painted this from an old black and white photo,  it makes it hard because you  just have to make up skin tones.  Kind of glad for the holidays to be over and get back to painting more often.

8 comments:

Edward Burton said...

Hi Barbara, thank you for your comment about my portrait of Karin J. - I actually was a bit nervous painting it.
Happy new year to you!

Art with Liz said...

Obviously the new easel has a lot to do with this fabulous painting. I think the skin tones are great! Look forward to seeing what you're going to do.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Edward and welcome. wonderful portrait of Karin. Please visit again.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Liz, Yes, that's it the new easel,lol. My paintings will all be soooo much better now, I can only hope. Thank you and I'm so glad you like it.

Perform said...

Hi, Barb
Lovely painting. Love the feathery texture of the boa!

Barbara Pask said...

Hi there Bev, Glad you like it and it is great that the boa looks like a boa to you. You know how it is, doesn't always work out the way you plan, lol.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Lovely feathers - good start with the new easel.

Barbara Pask said...

Why thank you Bill. It is broke in, I did get a little paint on it.