Available Paintings

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bill Fletcher Workshop

Hi there!  I have been very busy. Thursday night I got a call that they had a cancellation for A Bill Fletcher's workshop. I said ok and tried to pack up everything I thought I might need. The workshop was Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9:30 to 4:30 . This was a landscape workshop in oils. Bill is an excellent teacher and I would highly recommend him.  We did not get a lot of paintings done but we did a lot of different exercises.  For example we would mix piles of different colors but the same value to see how close we could come.  We divided our canvas up into fourths and did a block in,  that is what the two small paintings are.  The next day I did the little 5 x 7 landscape.  The last day we went outside to paint, I painted this little white building.  Last night I went back into it and just had some fun suggesting chipped paint and vines growing up the building, this is 8" x 10".  

Monday I painted with Arts Aliance Painters and Tuesday I went to Ky. To paint outside with The Brush and Palette Painters. Whew I'm busy, ain't life great!  

So good of you to visit,  thank you!

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,
Je me réjouis de pouvoir admirer ces peintures...
J'aime particulièrement la toute première.
Une belle farandole de couleurs.
Gros bisous ♡

hmuxo said...

Sometimes a few exercises are so much better...you did beautifully..Love the colors in the little white building.. Nice work, Barbara!!!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Martine, thank you for taking time to comment too.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Hilda! I agree, I think you get more out of the exercises sometimes. Glad you like my little shed, I just had fun with it.