Available Paintings

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunflowers in Jar

Hi Friends,  since my workshop I have been working in oils and really enjoying them.  I plan to purchase another palette box for acrylics so I am ready to go with either one.  I enjoy both and both have their advantages.  I know some people do a under painting in acrylics and then add oil over that. I can understand doing that because you can adjust the acrylics so quickly and figure out exactly where you want to go.  You get muddy colors if you start changing things with the oils.  

This is oil on a 10" x 10" stretched canvas.  I started this one with a value painting and then let it dry, my intention was to glaze over that.  It worked really well for the jar but I ended up painting in the flowers and background though.

Enjoy your day!

6 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

So painterly, still "you," even though a different medium. I think it's great to be mixing it up with your mediums, Barb...

hmuxo said...

I love this painting, Barbara. The flowers are beautiful but LOVE the way you painted the vase..Wonderful work!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Meredith, I love changing it up. I just never get bored with it, so many things to paint. So great to see you.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much Hilda! Hugs

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

So so pretty!

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you Sue!