Available Paintings

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Plein Air Painting

Hello there,  as I mentioned several weeks ago I recently joined The Brush and Palette Painters.  I paint on Monday with one group and Tuesdays with the other.  Brush and Palette move outside during the warm months so I should do a lot more plein air painting this year.
  We painted outside yesterday and I really enjoyed it.  I tried to use a lot of the techniques from my workshop last weekend.   I sketched out my subject, figured out my values, sketched my composition on my canvas and pre-mixed my colors.  Trying to slow down and really think things out.  
The yellow field really drew me in and it was such fun to paint. This is oil on a 8 x 10 RayMar panel.  I love the RayMar panels, they are museum quality, lightweight and I have one of their panel carriers so it's easy to get my wet paintings home.

See you soon

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful painting, Barbara. I never get tired of seeing barns!

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,
Vous avez dû passer des heures agréables à peindre à l'extérieur. Inonder votre toile de superbes couleurs et de lumière...
Cette ferme est remplie de quiétude et de belles nuances.
Gros bisous ♡

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Ladies, your my biggest supportors. Hugs.

Jo Castillo said...

I really like your plein air work. Excellent!