Available Paintings

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

White Roses



Hello there, I painted this recently from a set up, this is oil on a 11 X 14 Raymar panel. I have really enjoyed painting flowers lately. I try not to over analyze them and paint shapes and colors. I love impressionism and I am trying to keep them loose and use a palette knife to add some nice texture to them.

I'm very excited, a group of 14 artists from my Monday group have went together and rented a studio space. It is at the Middletown Pendleton Art Center and we only open for "First Friday" and "Second Look Saturday", so once a month. With so many involved if we could sell maybe 2 small paintings a year we will make our rent. Next Friday May 6th is the grand opening. So if you live in the Cincinnati area come by and see us.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

These are lovely Barb. I really like how you captured that feeling of the water in the vase. I'm a huge fan of impressionism and this is just a nice representation of the genre. (Oh, that was funny! Impressionism IS representational art!I crack myself up.)

I too wish Susan would finish the obligations she has and come paint with and for us once again. I miss everyone.

When are YOU going to make another video?? I keep checking!

Dean H. said...

A beautiful painting, Barb! I really looked over the last few posts and see that you have raised the level of excellence of your art! Congratulations on an exciting leap of accomplishment. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it. :)

Sunny said...

Love how you painted the roses, nice mix of soft and hard edges, also beautiful reflections. A very lovely piece!

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Laura, You crack me up too, lol. I'm glad the water feels right to you, trying to paint what I see but it's challenging. I'm sure Susan is missing us too, how could she not be?

Barbara Pask said...

Wow Dean, I loved reading that. You have been there with me since I started blogging and I really appreciate your support. So happy you see progress.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much Sunny, this was very enjoyable to paint.

Karen said...

Just beautiful!!!! All your paintings are wonderful.

Barbara Pask said...

Thank you so much Karen. Please visit again.