Available Paintings

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Red Trees

Hi there, I have worked on this painting off and on over the last several months. Paint a while, stare at it and so on. I painted this out of my head which is very unusual for me as I always use a reference or paint from life.  I wanted this grouping of red trees to feel wind blown. The landscape is kind of surreal and I went with that and added the design at the bottom as I felt it needed something else.

This is acrylic on a 16" x 20" canvas.

Thanks for visiting.  Today was warmer and sunny and I thanked God for it. I hope your day was wonderful.
Available at Gallery 42 in Mason Ohio.

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

Such a beautiful, vibrant color..
very nice scene...you did a wonderful job for not having a reference picture!!!

Sharon L. Graves said...

This is beautiful Barb. It definitely depicts the wind. The color are luscious.

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks so much Hilda, colorful it is. So happy you like it.

Barbara Pask said...

Oh thank you so much Sharon!

Meredith Adler said...

If I get cold, I'll come here to look at your beautiful painting for some warmth!

Barbara Pask said...

Thanks Merrdith, glad it makes you feel that way. Come on over anytime,lol